↳ 2x08: Su-zakana
"This is not the reckoning you promised yourself."
I have called on the Goddess and found her within myself.
( insp )
Kade Purnell: wisdom and prudence ?!!! NO
Excuse you. Kade Prurnell:
- correctly ascertains that Jack put Will in the field even though he knew Will was unstable.
- correctly points out that Alana’s defense of Will is necessarily a condemnation of Jack.
- tries to minimise the damage done to the FBI by the irresponsible actions of Jack and Will because she recognises that the integrity of law enforcement agencies is more important than personal feelings.
- is entirely honest and upfront with Will about her perspective of events and how his trial is likely to play out, and offers him the best option she is able to. She does this with compassion for Will despite his crimes.
- correctly points out that Jack’s perspective is warped by his personal involvement with Will - and by Jack’s desire to be seen as a good friend and not an incompetent profiler.
- correctly points out that Jack’s attempts to implicate Hannibal are entrapment, and therefore is both immoral AND inadmissible in court - "Hannibal Lecter is being induced to commit murder by an undercover FBI informant. This is outrageous government conduct."
- IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO SEEMS TO REMEMBER THAT WILL ACTUALLY KILLED A PERSON AND MUTILATED HIS BODY. AND THINKS THAT MURDERING PEOPLE IS NOT OK. AND DOES NOT FORGET ABOUT THIS JUST BECAUSE WILL IS CUTE AND/OR DAMAGED. "for the record, the only one involved in this investigation we can confirm actually having killed someone is Will Graham."
You don’t have to like her or want to see her succeed but you best respect.
hannibaladies meme → 3/5 ladies
↪ lady murasaki
Hannibal at eighteen was rooting for Mephistopheles and contemptuous of Faust, but he only half-listened to the climax. He was watching and breathing Lady Murasaki.
I don’t think Mads gets enough credit for what he brings to the role.
Some people will say oh he’s doing nothing but sitting in a chair and looking cold.
is playing this dude:
same freaking dude. and look at the ripple of different emotions that comes off his face in that second gif. the way his eyes narrow, the tensing of his jaw, his eyebrows. IN ONE BLINK.
Mads’s acting game is unfreakingbelievable. It takes a rare actor to pull Hannibal Lecter off in the subtle way he plays him and Mads can do it effortlessly to the point where people forget that this is even a role.
How far do you think Dr. Lecter would go in his therapy to treat a patient?
It’s there…. Right click and open in a new tab. I’ll replace the whole shoot soon in the gallery!
hannibaladies meme → 2/5 ladies
↪ ardelia mapp
Starling was working on the second draft of her report when her dormitory roommate, Ardelia Mapp, came in from the library.
Mapp’s broad, brown, eminently sane countenance was one of the more welcomed sights of her day.